« Home | The Uptown mouse killer » | Musky Ass » | I'm a grad student. I read good. » | Feline gender identity crisis » | Call me Lumbergh. » | Wanted: One mouser » | IrishTenor's edict on covariance structures » | "No, I swear, the cat really did eat my stats lab!" » | Eighth grade boy humor, statistics-style* » | My dad is a bastard. » 

Monday, October 30, 2006 

Chicken run


At 2:50 AM Sunday (after the time change), I was awakened by a phone call from IrishTenor, who had been at a party.

IrishTenor (jovially): "Hey, what are you doing?"
Me (somewhat less jovially): "Sleeping."
IrishTenor: "Is it fun?"
Me (disgruntled): "Not anymore."
IrishTenor: "How would you like to come and pick me up? I'm walking home and I'm dressed like a big yellow chicken."
Me: "What...?"
IrishTenor: "I said, I'm walking home and I'm dressed like a big yellow chicken. Say, what time is it?"
Me (pointedly): "Nearly 3 AM. And this is after I changed my clocks back."
IrishTenor: "It's 3 AM?! I can't be walking around Minneapolis dressed like a chicken at 3 AM!"
Me: "All right...fine. I'm coming. How will I find you?"
IrishTenor (as though this is self-evident): "Drive around Lake Calhoun until you see the guy dressed like a big yellow chicken!"

That is probably the best conversation you've put up...ever.

Better than Ebola?

Oh yay another furry well I guess he is more of a feathery than a furry, but it still counts in my book.

Oh, this one is golden. This was Halloween related, right?

Furry - in theory it should have been feathery, but really it was furry and shed everywhere. I'm still finding yellow strands on my stuff!

Lex - yes, it was Halloween related.

Post a Comment