« Home | My dad is a bastard. » | "Thou shalt not use thy knowledge of statistics to... » | Finally, Arbusto is intimidating » | The Borders Zone » | The embodiment of stereotypes » | The best insult ever » | My new favorite sign » | Love and pestilence » | "I know how they think!" » | How to properly medicate a cat » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Eighth grade boy humor, statistics-style*

*I promise, reading this won't make your head hurt.

Today in class, my statistics professor opened up the Help menu in SAS, the statistical software we use to do assignments. Help topics for the various analytical procedures were listed in a frame on the left side of the window.

Nestled in the list along with the MIXED procedure, the CORR procedure, and the REG procedure (among others) was the INBREED procedure. Imagine teaching a course on SAS programming and having this on the list of course topics: "Okay, class, now that we've learned how to generate a correlation using SAS, let's talk about how to INBREED."

LIAR! My head IS hurting!

Oh wait, I hit it. Nevermind.

What ever happened to good old SPSS?

Genevieve - Oh, God, probably.

Damian - ...

Lex - As far as I know, you cannot INBREED using SPSS. Though I could be wrong.

Post a Comment