« Home | The Borders Zone » | The embodiment of stereotypes » | The best insult ever » | My new favorite sign » | Love and pestilence » | "I know how they think!" » | How to properly medicate a cat » | Memo at Jimmy John's: "Do not deliver sandwiches t... » | The Unfortunate Tale of Arbusto and the Eel » | A prime example of systematic measurement error » 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 

Finally, Arbusto is intimidating


This is my very disgruntled cat, while visiting Arbusto at his apartment. Between the car trip, the unfamiliar environment, and all the new or newish people (Arbusto, Pinky, Pinky's girlfriend DeathPeppers), Maya was not a happy camper.

I recently threatened a hyperactive/psychotic Maya, "If you don't stop meowing incessantly and if you don't stop biting my toes, I am going to take you to Arbusto's to visit!" She immediately calmed down. Upon hearing the story later, Arbusto was deeply chagrined.

On Sunday, I was in a rush to leave my apartment, as I had promised to go shopping with Arbusto and to leave at noon. Maya came into the bathroom to use the litterbox while I was brushing my teeth, after which she sat by the toilet and stared at me. I finally asked her, "What?"

Maya looked pointedly at her litterbox and then back at me.

Me: "Can't you wait until tonight? I have to leave."
Maya (irritated): "Meow. Meow. Meow. Meow..."
Me: "I'm going to Arbusto's, and I swear to God I will take you with me if you're not quiet."

Maya looked even angrier, but she stopped meowing right away (again, much to Arbusto's disappointment upon hearing the story). After a moment, she looked back at the litterbox and then back up at me and let out a small, hopeful, "Mew?"

I take offense to the truth of the title! The one time i don't want to be intimdating. Grrr...

hahhahaa....excellent story!

No, no it's not!

I have to agree...most excellent. Well done Maya

Oh, and of course I cleaned her litterbox right away. I couldn't resist her supplication. A small fuzzy cat with an earnest and hopeful expression is too cute to say "no" to.

Post a Comment