« Home | The Unfortunate Tale of Arbusto and the Eel » | A prime example of systematic measurement error » | Cats don't like underwear » | I want to play with my ding-a-ling » | "May I please see proof of US residence?" » | The least fun I have ever had. » | Wonton soup » 

Monday, September 19, 2005 

Memo at Jimmy John's: "Do not deliver sandwiches to this address..."

While intoxicated the other night, I was suddenly hit with an intense craving for a tuna fish sandwich. IrishTenor thought this was a good idea. He tossed his cell phone at me and told me to order a couple of subs from Jimmy John's. The following conversation ensued, and I can only say that I now feel terribly sorry for the guy answering the phone that night.

Me [on the phone]: "Do you have a tuna?"
Guy: "Yes we do."
Me: "Okay, I'll take two."
IrishTenor: "Get two number fourteens!"
Me [on the phone]: "Do you have a number fourteen?"
Guy: "Yes."
Me: "What is it?"
Guy: "Roast beef and turkey."
Me [to IrishTenor]: "Number fourteen is roast beef and turkey. It is not tuna!"
IrishTenor: "It is too!"
Me: "The guy just said it wasn't!"
IrishTenor: "Well there's a tuna sandwich and a tuna sub."
Me: "I want a tuna sandwich. [on the phone] Do you have a tuna sandwich?"
Guy: "Yes."
Me: "Okay, that's what we're looking for. I want two."
IrishTenor: "I just ran downstairs and looked at the menu. The tuna sandwich is number FIFTEEN! I was off by one!"
Me [on the phone]: "Is number fifteen a tuna sandwich?"
Guy: "Yes."
Me: "Okay, I want two."

And now you see why I banned you from drunk dialing me.

Yes...now I see.

Oh my god, you can totally drunk dial me though...that shit is hysterical.

Not when you're sound asleep at the AMs of the morning when the call comes.

Wait you owe me a drunk dial now. But only if you're ordering from Milio's.

Lol, good stuff... ever gotten drunk and ended up in another state? I have.... :-o

Mona and Nina: I'm actually not normally quite this entertaining when under the influence. I'm told I tend to ramble. Anyway, after Arbusto said no more drunk dials, I gradually stopped calling (most) people while drunk.

Arbusto: It was midnight or 12:30 the time you finally banned me from drunk dialing. Not 3 am, lest you give these people the wrong impression. However, some people have been lucky enough that I bestowed upon them a 3 am, incoherent phone call.

Genevieve: Now THAT is classic.

Liz: No, I have not done so personally, but I bet there's a good story behind that one...

what's even worse is that it wasn't always you who called. It was always your phone but not always you.

Have you ever tried to STOP someone from drunk dialing someone else? It's incredibly hard, especially when they're bigger than you. I had to drive home two of my very, very drunk friends one night with my ex. I had to put them to bed, and one of them went willingly. But the other! She kept trying to call all these people, and even managed to have one of them come over somehow when I wasn't watching. Darn slippery drunks.

Post a Comment

About me

  • SouthernCanadian
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Here is the epic life of a silly, goofy girl who loves research and other nerdy pursuits. I'm in grad school learning about standardized tests, which makes me the natural enemy of classroom teachers everywhere. May God have mercy on my soul.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates