« Home | I want to play with my ding-a-ling » | "May I please see proof of US residence?" » | The least fun I have ever had. » | Wonton soup » 

Friday, April 15, 2005 

Cats don't like underwear

I discovered this last night.

On my way home from Blarney (where I had gone to people watch and relax over a couple of pints of Strongbow), I drunk dialed my friend ParadiseLost. After rambling for awhile, I let her get a word in edgewise, and we found ourselves talking about underwear. I only know one or two people who do not wear underwear, and I came to the conclusion that it was best for everyone to wear it.

Upon hanging up the phone, I realized that my cat was not wearing underwear.

Unacceptable.

So I went to my underwear drawer and fished out an old pair. They were turquoise satin. I didn't care for them and never wore them, but they were quite nice, really, for a cat. Maya looked at me rather oddly when I drunkenly approached her, holding underwear in my hand.

I put her hind legs through the holes and began pulling the underwear up over her tail. She became unhappy and mewed. I decided that she had a valid point: Bunching her long tail into the seat of the underwear might be very uncomfortable. So I put her tail through one of the leg holes instead. Predictably, this was when she nipped me and ran away.

The conclusion: Cats definitely do not like underwear.

You need to take pictures so we can make fun of you!

The moment has passed. So no pictures.

On a side note, I found these text messages in my phone this morning, sent to ParadiseLost on Thursday night:

"Cat won't wear underwear."

"She doesn't want tm wear underxfar. Fuck4ng kitty"

this post is hilarious!!! just had to let you know! drunken texting does usually end up being pretty interesting... LoL

Post a Comment

About me

  • SouthernCanadian
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Here is the epic life of a silly, goofy girl who loves research and other nerdy pursuits. I'm in grad school learning about standardized tests, which makes me the natural enemy of classroom teachers everywhere. May God have mercy on my soul.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates